Tuesday, July 27, 2010

High School Reunion

"These are memories frozen in time people!" -Can't Hardly Wait

This past weekend I was able to attend my 10 High School Reunion in Oregon. It was so fun to see the green trees and spend time on the roads with decent drivers. I'm happy that Oregon has a no talking/no texting while driving law :)
As for Carter he was an excellent travel companion, he slept during both flights, and was a trooper even though he spent a total of 12 hours in a car and 4 hours on a plane.
The reunion was fun, it's interesting how you don't see or talk to people for ten years then the second I saw them their first and last name popped into my head. Most classmates looked the same and some unfortunately still acted the same, but I think that is just what happens at reunions.
I quoted a lot of Romy & Michele's High School Reunion lines, which made me smile. "That's Sandy Frink? What the heck was I thinking!"
Mostly I thought it was interesting how now days with social networking people were able to skip the questions where have you been and simply say things like, "Your kids are so cute!" or "What was it like to live in Hawaii?" Not because we stayed in touch the past ten years, but because they read my profile and looked at my pictures online. I thought this put a spin on the whole reunion thing.
Lastly, it was very sad to leave Oregon, this was the place I grew up, and I don't know when I will be back again :(

Reminiscing at South Medford High School: Panther Territory
South Medford High School Ian and I ready for a night out on the town
Kari "The Barbie" Hagert and I at the reunion. Barbie is her new nickname.Molly O'Leary (last name now Riggs) hanging out at the reunion dinnerOld prom dates: Michelle Kuzma and Ian FosterIan's mom Karen, the best babysitter during the reunion eventsCarter and IanIan and I ready for a pre-reunion get together at Julia White-Hoppe's housePlay date with Molly's little girl Shae and Carter who are only 4 weeks apart
So cuteThe best restaurant ever!Always happy!

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Made me homesick!!Karen has the knack. Carter won't fall asleep for me. Glad it was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering how it went for you. I am excited for mine next year but a little nervous at the same time to see people! GO Panthers! Those were some good times there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad u had fun, Addi keeps asking if Elise is coming to play this weekend :( We'll have to get them together again soon!

    ReplyDelete