Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

Okay so I have been thinking about this blog post for a while...will I sound cheesy or will I come across sounding sentimental? Either way here I go. So today I turned 30, it does sound a little weird. Am I supposed to feel old? Or like a grown-up? Because honestly I feel indifferent. I'm not gonna burst out into tears today, but it also doesn't seem right. Did I really graduate from college 8 years ago? Do I really have 2 kids...okay so I guess you can say I'm a grown up. I still feel like a teenager though, besides the need to go to bed early for fear of my kids waking up too early and I am incoherent from lack of sleep. I received advice from a friend who told me one way to look at turning 30 is to look at what you have accomplished. Anyways last night on TV was the Friends episode when they all turned 30, it was pretty funny....definitely made me laugh more about today. So to stop blabbering about my birthday, I would like to say that I'm grateful for my family, the one I grew up with and the one I am raising now. I am looking forward to the years to come, because they literally are going by wayyyy too fast!  Come on 30s here we go......

And with that because I am slightly obsessed with photos, here is a timeline of McKenna  (yes I did just refer to myself in the third person)

McKenna Maren born May 18
  


With my sweet bangs
Mom helping out with a ballet performance
Awkward Jr. High braces phase
  
The good times...High School :)

My South Medford girls
School Dances : Prom
 





Grad Night 
High School Graduation
  
BYU-Hawaii 2000
 Staff Writer
 My PCC days

Summer home worked as a life guard 
 
 Daniel and I, dating life 2003


We met at PCC (he was my boss)
The Point
 
Graduation weekend with my parents
BYU-Hawaii Graduation (this is one of my all-time favorite pics)
Engagement Pic
Wedding

Canoe Ride
 
Our married, but no kids phase
 Baby Elise
And then there were three
Baby Carter a few days old


Family of four



And this is what 30 looks like (okay this is from last year, but you get the idea)

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this post!! I think you said it all SO WELL! Happy 30th to ya!! So fun to go down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly enjoyable! I can relate. I feel 24 Max. How time flies. I am so lucky to have you as my sister. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh....hello my favorite post. i literally LOVE this post, and your whole memory lane feel! I was so excited to have made the timeline! Mo, you really have had an amazing life so far. You are such an amazing person, you have a top notch personality, you're always ALWAYS down for a good time, and you understand me more than anyone I know. You are truly truly an outstanding person, I can't say it enough. I love you! I hope your 30th was just as great as you are. "Marry will he's a great guy...then we can be sisters! You're in a wheelchair!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this post! So awesome - can't wait to see you and your old self!

    ReplyDelete