Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Christmas Don't Be Late..."

Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
I've been good, but I can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast
Want a plane that loops the loop
And I want a hula hoop
I can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late
I can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late
Oh, I can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late

-The Chipmunks

So this year because we partied it up in San Diego, Christmas was late. A week before we left on our trip Elise said, Christmas will be late, like in that song, it was funny. The kids were okay with Christmas being late because of all the fun stuff they got to do in San Diego. Santa came to San Diego and to my parents house this year. We got home around 4:00am on Friday morning. I woke up at 10:00am and called my mom to let her know we were home. She then said, "When are you guys going to come?" Granted our luggage was still in San Diego and the kids were still asleep. But she was so sweet about us coming so we could celebrate Christmas, we rushed, packed in trash bags (true story) and headed to Idaho. After immediately arriving we opened all our family's presents. The kids were so happy and Elise was ripping presents open like crazy. We spent a week in Idaho. The kids got to make Christmas cookies, play with cousins, go out to eat, see Frozen in the movie theater for the second time and play with all their new toys. It was a great trip and I can't wait to go back soon. Happy 2014 everyone!

Opening presents at Grammy and Skipper's house
Our stockings

He loves as he calls it "Jungle Bear"

Skipper always helping by handing out presents
Perfect Christmas Moment :)
A new doll
A new Ninja Turtle
A backpack for Daniel
Time for costumes
Wolverine
Great sign in my parent's Christmas room
My favorite new decoration at their house
Blast from the Past: A collage of photos of Granat Family's Christmases
Cookie Time!

Cutting them out

Frosting them with Grammy

Elise practicing reading with Skipper
Cousin matching time: Elise and Bailey
Cousin Pic: Austin, Bailey, Lexi, Leighton, Addison and Elise

Lexi and Carter (I love this pic)
LaClare cousins
Movie and popcorn fun at Grammy and Skipper's house
Happy New Year! My party people!

2014!

1 comment: